Sunday, December 16, 2007

Confessions of a Weak Christian

A young man recently was found lying unconscious on the floor in his living room from an apparent drug overdose. Still in the hospital as of this writing, the prognosis doesn't look good. We can think to ourselves, "He brought this on himself, each of us is responsible for his own actions." I guess that is true, but the thing that keeps going through my head is, this young man has visited our house many times when he was a boy & has stopped by to visit us recently also. As many times as I have seen this young man I have never told him about the saving grace of Jesus Christ. As many people over the years I have talked to about God I have never explained to this young man who has come to my house that he should repent of his sins. Why did I not do that? Forgive me Lord.

He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to
repentance. 2 Peter 3:9b

We must work while it is still day.

I went downtown by myself to witness last night & let fear grip me. There was a purpose for Jesus sending his disciples out in twos. Doubts and excuses filled my head & I missed opportunities more than once. Why? I don't know. I remember reading about John Wesley & his travel how many times he fell off his horse. I left downtown & walked back to my car at the park. God had mercy on me. Two guys were shooting basketball at on of the courts. I walked up to them, gave them a track, spoke to them about eternity, the Law, sin, judgement,hell, the Cross, repentance, and faith. Lord help me when I fall off that horse, to get back on and ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment