Saturday, December 8, 2007

Holiday Show for Atheists, Agnostics & Pagans

For all of you out there who are upset over Mitt Romney's speach not being inculsive of athiests & agnostics, you can take comfort in knowing there was a holiday show for you. No, I am not talking about The Golden Compass, what I wanted to mention was a TV show I saw today. I was sitting with the family tonight flipping through the channels to see if there were any Christmas shows on we noticed Channel 8 had "Frosty the Snowman" coming on at 8 (you know, the cartoon with Jimmy Duranti as the narrator). After the they had a new (new to me anyhow) sequel called "Frosty Returns". Jonathan Winters was the narrator & John Goodman was Frosty. The cartoon was illustrated very similarly to the "Peanuts" characters, which made sense when I saw that Bill Melendez was producing it. I believe he produced most, if not all of the "Peanuts" shows. As with most cartoon sequels, there was way too much singing & the songs weren't very good. But what really caught my attention was a little Linus-type character who was talking to a girl about going outside in the snow when he said, "Let's go out and make a fertility goddess." After that I paid closer attention & seemed to notice an AlGorian message about the dangers of "no snow". All the "bad" kids wanted 10 months of summer and snow only one day a year: the day of the "Winter Festival". No mention of Christmas at all. The decorations they had out for the festival looked more like something you would have at a county fair than anything Christmasy (is that a word?). Stalin would have been so proud. I guess I shouldn't be suprised of anything coming out of the TV industry though. There will be a re-airing of this show Wednesday December 19 at 8:30 on WVLT channel 8.

2 comments:

  1. Stalin wasn't he kin to the Clintons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe they did go to the same school at different times together.

    ReplyDelete