Sunday, January 13, 2008

Conversations With Drunks

You may or may not think trying to witness to a drunk (not driving)person is worth the effort. There could be good arguements either way, but sometimes you don't know what you are getting into until you are already in it. Last night I was witnessing to these two young teenage boys at Thunderworld when this college age guy decides to jump into the conversation. When I asked him where he was going whe he died, he asked me if I knew anything about the Masons & I said "very little," I told him I used to work with one. He sais he was a Mason & his Father was one & his grandfather was one (apperently that will get you priority treatment for salvation). It was hard to get any words in between his talking but I finally got out of him that he had been called to preach four years ago but he had "backslid". He admitted he had been drinking too much that night & had planned on going into Thunderworld to drink some more. He never made it. He told me,"I would give my life to save someones soul." I said, "If that were true you would be out here doing this with me instead of what you are doing." After 20 minute of discussion about the state of his soul, he and his friend decided they had had enough & left, seemingly convicted about his lack of commitment. It is hard to tell for sure what they are truely feeling when someone is under the influence. We must trust that God's word will not return void.

No comments:

Post a Comment