What was your reaction when you first met God? When you first heard about Him, heard what He did for you? When you "received" Him into your heart? Was it overwhelming joy? Happy giddyness? Excitement?
In Matthew 13:20,21 Jesus said, "the one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the Word and at once receives it with joy. But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the Word, he quickly falls away."
When I first understood my predicament before the Lord, it was not a joyful moment. To understand that my sins and iniquities had separated me from my God so that He would not hear me, is a sobering & humbling thing. You may say, "But we are past that now. our sins are washed away, isn't that joyful?" Should I tell you, "Oh yes, I am so happy to know that what I have done has resulted in the Creator of the universe to be beaten, spit upon, mocked, cursed, stripped & nailed to a tree to be left to die. Isn't that joyful?"
No, the first thought of what God has done for us should bring us to our knees, broken before Him in humble gratitude. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. (Psalm 51:17)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment