Monday, April 14, 2008
American Idol Gives Back Because, "We're All Innocent"
I guess it is a little wierd to admit this on an Christian evangelism blog, but I was watching American Idol on tv last Tuesday for the competition part of Idol Gives Back week. David Cook sang a song, We're All innocent (not his best performance) & showed his hand with "give back" written on it. He was then commended by the judges for the nice sentiment. of course my first thought was, "If we are truely all innocent, we would probably have a lot less that we would need to give back to." Does we're all innocent mean that nobody has ever lied, stolen, hated, blasphemed, committed adulterey, murdered, ect.., or does it mean that we are so stupid we don't know any better, or could it be, most likely, that in the world's eyes, there is no such thing as sin so there is no such thing as sinners. If we think that way it is easy to get tears in our eyes about how "unfair" the world is, & if everyone could just be more "tolerant" then we wouldn't have all these problems we are having. When they say that what they really mean is "I want to do what I want to do & you don't have any right to tell me I'm wrong & if there are any consequences for my actions then you need to pay for it & we'll call it giving back" I'm sure there are some good things done with the money donated on that show, but it is not because we're all innocent. The fact is, we are all guilty & have earned the suffering we receive. It is only by God's grace that we have not completely received the just payments for our actions. It is only by humbling purselves & turning to the one who is innocent, Jesus Christ, & accepting the payment He made for our crimes that we will be declared "paid in full" on the day of judgement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment