Thursday, April 17, 2008
"I'm Going to Hell"
We talked to a Muslim yesterday evening at Sandy Springs Park who said, "I'm going to hell." even before we could take him through the Law. When I asked him why he said, "because I'm not a good person." So I asked him why he thought that & he said he has done many bad things. So we went through the Law just to verify that & he was correct (there was a girl whose father was a preacher & a young man from the Far East who were with him, they agreed they were going to hell also). He didn't believe though, that you needed someone to pay for your sins. He said that there were scales that would weigh your good against your bad & if the good outweighs the bad, you were in. The only trouble with that kind of thinking is that the Bible says, "there is no one who does good, not even one." (Psalm 14:3) The scales are turned against us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Was he upset with you?
ReplyDeleteNot really, although I don't think he was too sold on his own religion.
ReplyDeleteI wonder how much most Muslims know about there own religion,
ReplyDelete