Saturday, April 19, 2008

"Expelled" Worth the Risk

I went to see Ben Stein's "Expelled" the movie tonight. First I experienced the humiliation of getting old as I went to buy the ticket. The girl charged me six dollars at the ticket counter. At first I didn't think anything of it, but as I was waiting for the rest of my group (Chance, Michael, Jon & Brook) I remembered when I called about the movie times, the recording said the price for adults $8.50. So I looked at my ticket & it said "child" on it. As I waited outside, Jon & Brook showed up & I joked that I may have to let Brook use my ticket since I may not pass as a child. They informed me that I had been given the senior citizen's discount.

Anyhow, the movie is worth seeing. It is a disturbing message of repression, censorship & blacklisting of scientist & professors who teach or write about intellegent design in anything other than a negative way. Stein does a good job of combining interviews, humor, inspiration, history & shock value to drive home his point. At first I thought some of the old historical videos might have been over the top, but by the time you see all the evidence you're afraid he might not be off the mark much at all. When you listen to the logic (or lack) of the evolutionists, you start to understand their agenda. It's not about science, it's about money, getting rid of God so they can set their own moral standards, & fear of being wrong in their own religion of evolution that they have invested so much of their life, even their soul in. But don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. rejected!!!! I have had a good week this week and an strange encounter this week. I have a uncle in Illnoise who has cancer bad. well my dad told Donnie and I yesterday that he "made things right with God". He said that He felt guilty for waiting untill now to do it. What he did was very cool i thought he was at my dads shop and wanted to walk to the top of a mountain to say his prayer. It is alot of people's prayers answered!! Then I got rejected today (persecution) Ha! I was trying to witness to another one of my uncles Jim today,for i am very poor at it not like the ole pro Kevin!!!anyway in the middle of my conversation he stuck his hand out and ask me if I was not going to shake it. I did. Then he walked off in the middle of my spill he just left me standing there shaking in my crocs. he has to mow my yard again next week though my mower is still broke (praise God!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron said, "I was trying to witness...for I am very poor at it..."

    1 Corintians 1:26-29 says, "Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things - and the things that are not - to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before Him."

    It's a good thing to, that fits right down our alley.

    ReplyDelete