I was sharing the Gospel with two guys standing out back of Thunderworld tonight. one of them, named Tom, was particularly pleased wit how much he had lied & lusted, he wasn't quite as proud of his blaspheming & stealing but admitted he had done them more than enough. His friend tolg him he needed to "receive" Christ & Tom said he had received Him but he just couldn't stop doing all the stuff he was doing. He told me, "I'm sure there are people out there who can have fun being a Christian but to me it's not fun. I like to lie & drink & gaulk at women & cuss & do what I do." I told him "I'm not trying to get you to become a Christian because it is fun. Jesus told us it often wouldn't be fun. There would be persecutions, tribulations & trials. I'm telling you this because of where you will spend eternity. He admitted he was probably going to hell but he wasn't concerned about it. "It's all up to the man upstairs." he said. I asked him if he broke his arm would he go to the doctor & Tom said he would. I told him, "The reason you would go to the doctor is you don't want to face the pain of having a broken arm untreated. The reason your not concerned about hell is you haven't thought about the pain of it. Jesus said there would be weeping & gnashing of teeth, the flame is never quenched & the worm never dies." At that point he was looking for a way to get out of there. I don't think he had heard it quite like that before.
Some times hearing the truth is like getting a cavity fixed. It hurts but it has to be done.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment