Friday, May 23, 2008

"I Had a Bad Experience at Church"

How many times have you had a chance to speak to someone about the things of God when they make a statement or ask a question & then 10 minutes after you're done with your conversation, you come up with a great answer & think, "I wish I had said that." Well tonight I stopped by the market & had a chance to witness to the young lady behind the counter when that exact thing happened. While I was explaining to her about judgement day & what she must do to receive mercy, she agreed with just about everything. But then she said, "But I'm not going to church, I had a bad experience in church." I hadn't said anything about going to church & I guess if I was going on the psychological theories of today I would have asked her to tell me about it. I'm just not sure how rehashing over old traumas with someone I barely know will keep her out of hell. Basically I told her to repent, trust in Jesus, find her Bible & read it to find out what God expects of her. I told her that on judgement day telling God "I had a bad experience" probably won't fly. Anyhow I left on good terms. But after I got in the car & was driving down the road, I started thinking, "Bad experience? Jesus suffered & died a terrible death on the cross because of me & you, now that's a bad experience. "Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted." (Hebrews 2:18) and "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, But we have one who was tempted in every way - yet was without sin."
(Hebrews 4:15) No matter what you've gone through, or are going through, He's already been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment