Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Witnessing for Christ in the Prison

I have to admit, going to the State Prison in Morgan County, Tennessee & looking two (large) convicted felons in the eye with no bars between us & saying to them "you are lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterers and you have to face God on Judgement Day." sounds a little unnerving, but that is what happened Monday evening when I went to the tent revival with Pastor Ronnie Reagan & friends. We had a big tent (almost 40'x80')set up in the middle of the yard. While they were singing I got to wander away from the tent a little bit & pass out tracts & talk to some of the prisoners who weren't directly at the revival. I was kind of nervous but it turns out that when they are faced with God's Law they are just as helpless as the rest of us & maybe more understanding of His justice than most. As I was handing one man a tract he told me, "I'm good." meanimg he didn't want one. I was thinking, if you were good, you wouldn't be in here. Then he told me he was an atheist. I said to him that wouldn't do him much good on Judgement Day.
I hope to go back up on Friday so remember me, & especially them in your prayers. Jesus died for them also.

No comments:

Post a Comment