Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Who really reaches the lost?








What kind of preachers do you admire (if you admire preachers)? The ones who have the 5,000, 10,000 or 20,000 member churches? The ones that impress me the most are the ones who are willing to go to the streets & face the lost on their territory. Who stand out & raise their voice in the public square & declare the gospel to whoever passes by. I met Sal (the man in the picture above, shown with a UT student) Monday afternoon on Campus of the University of Tennessee. Almost every day, Monday through Friday he is out there sharing the word with anyone who will listen. Sometimes standing on a wall and preaching, sometimes witnessing one-on-one. I'll bet he reaches more lost people in a week than most pastors do in a year. How encouraging and humbling it was to meet him. It gives you a better perspective of where the work is & what we should be doing.

3 comments:

  1. I see that you found him out there the first day you went out there. I told you he was out there almost everyday preaching. He is a good guy and has so much faith in God. He has given up so much just to do what he is doing and God provides for him. How did you like him and I want to know if I am going to see you out there with him at anytime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I heard Ray Comforts on the Lee and Terry Frank Show on 850 AM today and an athiest called in and talked to him and Ray begain where he always does with "how many lies have you told?" The athiest wasn't moving though, he seemed to want to get Ray mad and flustered but he never did. Ray is a great minister. I couldn't believe he was talking to a local talk radio show. Him and Sal seem alot alike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked him a lot. He seems to be a true man of God. I'll probably go back again sometime, hopefully to do a little witnessing with him. I don't know about the street preaching. i guess I'll just have to observe & see what it's like.

    ReplyDelete