Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Who is winning our young people?

How do you change the way a society thinks? Use every way possible to influence (indocterinate?) the young people for a generation. One of the best places is on college campuses. This is the first opportunity for them to be on their own & away from their parents & other mature people they were raised with. Then they are brought into the most liberal part of the secular world in the United States, universities. The battle to keep religion, espcially Christianity, off of the campuses rages every day. For instance, a Christian group that was banned from the campus of Wright State University in Ohio because of its religious standards has was reinstated recently.
The college banned the fellowship from holding meetings on campus Jan. 30 because the group refused to adopt university-mandated nondiscrimination language. Adhering to the college demands would have prevented the fellowship from requiring that voting members adhere to religious and behavioral standards.

In the mean time "non-religious" or should I say anti-religious groups are allowed even encouraged to force their beliefs down young peoples throats on many campuses. Read this testimonial I found on another website:

"When I was growing up in Knoxville I was exposed to almost no trans-gendered people, and I distinctly recall being disgusted whenever I encountered them. That started to change when I went away to college, at what is still by all accounts one of the most LIBERAL universities anywhere, Wesleyan University in Middletown, CT. The most vocal campus group was the GLBTA (gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, and transgendered association). They were EVERYWHERE. Having rallies, putting out papers, giving seminars, writing “GLBTA meeting tonight 7pm Campus Center” with chalk on practically every sidewalk on campus. I struggled with this at first, but rapidly adjusted as I found out that more and more of the people I was meeting, liked, and respected, were either queer, questioning their sexuality, or had no problem with queerness in any form."

Whoever is willing to fight for the hearts and minds of these young people will be the victors in the short run anyhow. Choose today whom you will serve.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,504115,00.html

2 comments:

  1. This is a good post. I believe now days many Christians have given up and just sit in the pews on Sundays. I look at myself, I am supposed to be called to be Christ like and a fisher of men but to many times I pass up the opportunity to witness to people because I don't want to be signaled out on campus. There is a guy here at UT that witnesses almost everyday in the middle of campus and people just pass him up sneering, while just a few yards away some person will be promoting a party or some group wanting to legalize drugs or gay marriage and people are flocking to them. People want no part of something where they have to be responsible they just want to go with the wind any where it takes them. I wish there were more than just one person advocating Christ on the street. It is so funny how Christians are the problem and everything else is right because it is the natural way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where & when is this guy that witnesses? I'd like to meet him.

    ReplyDelete